System of Institutional Monitoring and Support
- Needs Assessment of 10 public teachers’ colleges and two community colleges completed and technical working group formed to inform repositioning of teacher education in Jamaica.
- Study on the “Public Perception of Community Colleges and their Repositioning” being finalised.
- Preparation of lecturers of teachers’ colleges to deliver the National Standard Curriculum for Grades 1-9.
J-TEC Registration System for Tertiary Institutions
- Pilot of Registration System with six tertiary institutions to commence in October 2015.
- Increase use of media and educational technology in teaching and learning
- Collaboration between the Jamaica Research Education Network (JREN) and the ODL/COL on programmes being offered to colleges online.
Tertiary Education Strategy
- Discussions commenced for development of Tertiary Education Strategy for the period 2015-2030 to guide the GoJ’s investment and policy decisions in order to maximise tertiary education’s contribution to Vision 2030.