- Bethlehem Moravian College
- Caribbean Pentecostal College
- The Moneague College
- Caribbean School of Medical Sciences, Jamaica (CSMSJ)
- Jamaica Baptist Union (JBU)
- Sigma College of Nursing and Applied Sciences
- Brown’s Town Community College
- School Name:Caribbean School of Medical Sciences, Jamaica
- Address:8 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10, Jamaica W.I.
- Telephone:+1 (876) 929 6422
+1 (876) 544 8903
Pre Med Degree Entry Requirements
Five CSEC subjects at the General Proficiency Level (B+ and above) including:
- Mathematics and English
- Three other subjects, which must include a minimum of two related science subjects (e.g.Biology, Physics and Chemistry)
- Equivalent qualifications from other countries, which will be verified by the Programme Director.
MD Degree Entry Requirements
- Caribbean School of Medical Sciences, Jamaica Entrance Examination with a minimum score of 60%.
OR: one of the following requirements must be met:
Pre-Med Qualification with a GPA of 3.2 First degree in Sciences/Health Sciences with a GPA of 3.2 Equivalent qualifications from other countries (subject to UCJ regulations)
- Medical Colleges Admissions Test (MCAT), with a minimum score of 24.
- Advanced placement with appropriate qualifications, will be for people who are over 40 years old but less than 50.
NB: Students whose mother language is not English and have not passed Secondary level English language will be required to pass an English Proficiency Test.
All prospective students with appropriate qualification will be interviewed after an initial assessment.
- Age range of students:19 – 59
- Enrolment: Pre-Med = 10. MD = 10
- Attendance Rate: 90%
- Number of Lecturers: (9 – Pre-Med) : (23 – MD)
NUMBER OF SUPPORT STAFF:
- Management – 15
- Administrative – 10
- Security – 4
- Auxiliary – 3
- Student to Lecturer Ratio: 10:1
- Owned by:Health Investor and Education Company Limited